HOSPICE CARE: All You Need to Know
What is Hospice Care?
Hospice care is a personal and intensive type of care given to patients or individuals with terminal illnesses. Most often, hospice care is composed of assistance with physical tasks and activities – including mobility and transfers, emotional support, and the fulfillment of clinical needs only medical staff can provide. Hospice focuses on giving the client comfort as they go through life transitions and the difficult challenges that come with their disease.
Bereavement support is offered to our patient’s families to help them cope and heal from experiences of grief, loss and pain, as well as assist them by being a source of hope and support as they sort out their own feelings. We at A1 Healthcare & A1 Home Health wish to be a source of comfort for people who need it.
Who can receive Hospice Care?
Hospice care can be received by a terminally ill patient with a life expectancy of six months or less and a desire to receive comfort measures and symptoms management rather than curative treatment.
Where is Hospice Care rendered?
We offer hospice care to seniors and terminally ill patients in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and private residences. If their primary care provider needs a temporary break from their caregiving role, we offer 24/7 respite care services to patients wherever they may choose to reside.
When can one receive Hospice Care?
Generally, hospice care is referred by physicians to clients in the terminal stages of their disease. This is the perfect time to avail of such services and receive a personalized care program from qualified hospice service providers.
Why consider Hospice Care?
Hospice care is not centered on finding a cure, but rather it is focused on improving one’s quality of life. The goals of hospice care include:
- Promoting our patient’s dignity and independence while receiving care
- Relieving the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual pain of our patients and their loved ones
- Giving support to our patients and their families as they experience a challenging period in their lives
How is Hospice Care rendered?
At A1 Healthcare & A1 Home Health, we offer a unique hospice experience to every individual, making sure our crafted program meets all their needs. Our hospice process includes:
- Managing patients’ pain and symptoms
- Providing the needed medications, medical supplies, and equipment
- Helping patients with the psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual aspects of dying
- Educating the family on how to take care of the patients
- Offering services such as physical and speech therapy when necessary
- Making short-term inpatient care available when patients’ symptoms become too challenging to manage at home or when the caregiver needs to take a break
- Providing bereavement support and counseling to the patients’ family members and friends
At A1 Healthcare & A1 Home Health, you can expect to receive these hospice services:
- Spiritual Care
- Family Meetings
- Coordination of Care
- Respite Care
- Bereavement Care
- Social Services
- Medication/Pain Management
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Home Care and Inpatient Hospice Care
Ready to avail of our extensive services? You can set an appointment with us as early as now. For more information, send us a message here.